Some tips to help bloggers make their blogs more SEO friendly.
- Write better anchor text: while linking to other articles or blogs, don't link by saying "check this", instead use something like "you can also check how X dealt with Y concerning Z"
- Create unique, accurate page titles: having 2 audience in mind, the people and the search engine. You need a catchy title for readers, but also a title that combines the most important keywords in your post, which would make it more search engine friendly. Think, what will the user write in the search box so they can land on my post?
- Don't forget to fill the description META tag (in the head of the HTML page). Elaborate, use a combination of the keywords you're going to put in the keywords tag (in the head of the HTML page).
<html><head><title>Katherine's Coffee Shop</title><meta name="description=" content="Katherine's Coffee Shop is a fusion of Lebanese and French culture, combined under one roof, situated in the most authentic city in Lebanon, etc..."></head>
- Make use of heading tags (Heading 1, Heading2...): Select format text from the toolbar while creating a new post. Headings are used to present structure on the page to users.
- Use images properly, it's preferred to use text to link to external websites, however if you must, make sure you put the description about this image in the "alt" attribute, which allows you to specify alternative text for the image if it cannot be displayed for some reason.
- Choice of good keywords, use both single and combined keywords. Choose wisely. This is an interesting article about keywords optimization.
My daily SEO dose comes from this website.
This post was originally published on my Go Social Media blog. Hope it helps :)